Thursday, December 22, 2011

Happy Dong Zhi / Winter Solstice!

Happy Dong Zhi /Winter Solstice everyone!

It is not only about eating Tang Yuan and becoming older, it is the time for the family to get together and eat Tang Yuan or balls of glutinuous rice. Tangyuan are made of glutinuous rice flour and sometimes brightly coloured. Each family member receives at least one large tangyuan in addition to several small ones. The flour balls may be plain or stuffed. They are cooked in a sweet soup or savoury broth with both the ball and the soup/broth served in one bowl.

I will not be going home this year since my tummy is super big. Feel tired easily, thus I think I better stay at home. Might be going out later to get those frozen one and cook myself depends if I am not lazy Haha.



How about you? How do you celebrate Dong Zhi / Winter Solstice?

No comments: